Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Capturing Your: Heart

IMG_9252AL2 I have always been super girly. Not super princessy, but girrrly! My first picture as a brand spankin’ baby, literally just hours old, I was wide awake and even smizing (Smile with your eyes…for those of you who do not watch ANTM) for the camera. I remember when my grandma would sit me on the counter bathroom, put my hair in piggy tails, curl my long hair and put bows at the top…. I was just in heaven! I loved wearing dresses, playing with my mom’s makeup and even putting so much lipstick on that it was still there days later…even after wiping it off. And don’t even get me started on my Barbie collection! Before I was even born, my mom started collecting Barbie furniture, clothes, dolls…you name it. I would spend HOURS and HOURS playing with them….dressing them up, designing their home with all my furniture, combing their hair…and of course, making Barbie make out with Ken. I don’t even know how many times Ken and Barbie took a walk down the aisle in my house, but it would definitely put all these celebrity serial wedders to shame!

Never in a million dreams did I think I would be good friends with a true life Ken and Barbie. Never. Just look at the following pictures, and you’ll know exactly what I am talking about. I actually met Janet when I was pregnant with Derek at our school park just months before I was due. We spent the whole time talking and at that time, I really didn’t know that many people in our new city. When she walked away, I was bummed because I didn’t offer my number or attempt to make arrangements to meet again…even though I totally felt she would be a lot of fun to hang around. Fast forward 6 months….I ran into her again…this time at our church. It still took some time before we set an “actual” play date, but ever since then, she has been one of my dearest friends. We’ve had so much getting to know each other, going out after the kids are asleep, watching chick flicks together, shopping together…and even getting in trouble for shopping together! We are so a like in many ways, it’s definitely been easier to feel really connected to our home because of the friendships we have built here. Not only are they beautiful on the outside, but truly beautiful on the inside. I look forward to a lifetime of play dates together!

IMG_9275AL2 IMG_9284-copy IMG_9297AL2 IMG_9317ALGF IMG_9326-bwcopy IMG_9335AL2 IMG_9341AL2 IMG_9357BW IMG_9369AL2 IMG_9383VintagePOS80-copy IMG_9387AL IMG_9397AL2 IMG_9412-copy IMG_9418-copy IMG_9426VG68 IMG_9583TRABout IMG_9592AL IMG_9602BW IMG_9611-copy IMG_9631AL_GF IMG_9637-copy IMG_9646AL IMG_9655-copy IMG_9659-copy IMG_9670AL_GF IMG_9708AL IMG_9727TRAAL IMG_9763ALBW IMG_9770ALBW IMG_9782TRAJC

1 comment:

  1. Awwww, these images are full of such, such love. Beautiful captures!

    ReplyDelete