Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Christmas Tree

IMG_5699-2

I’m always amazed how fast the transition is from one holiday to another. One day I am saying Happy Thanksgiving and the next day, we go full throttle into the next holiday. Well, like the rest of the world, we wasted no time getting our Christmas tree and jumping in to the Christmas spirit. The boys are loving seeing all the Christmas lights on homes and Travis is eagerly waiting for it to snow so he can go outside and play in it. As much as I am dreading the snow, I am enjoying the new change of pace since during the winter season, life slows down….thanks to the cold Smile 

A tradition that we have in our family, all the way back to when I was born, is getting a Christmas ornament each year. Each ornament represents a reflection from the year, either a milestone, a favorite cartoon or a vacation that we took. When I got married, I was loaded with 24 ornaments that all shares a special sentiment. Chad and I decided to carry on that same tradition to our boys and I know that it is one that they will appreciate and enjoy just like I did. The boys loved looking at their own personal ornaments, as well as hearing the story behind mommy and daddy’s special ornaments. I love that there is history behind each ornament and that as a family, we can reminisce about these special times and share our stories with them all the way back to our own very first Christmas.

Travis liked making faces in the Christmas ballIMG_5702IMG_5713

More faces…and even Daddy joined in!

IMG_5723IMG_5729IMG_5738IMG_5771

One of Daddy’s first homemade Christmas ornament.IMG_5774IMG_5778IMG_5781IMG_5782IMG_5786IMG_5802IMG_5824IMG_5838

1 comment:

  1. Awww, such a delightful time of the year! I'm so glad to see these 2 cuties on your blog!

    ReplyDelete