Thursday, November 25, 2010

Happy Thanksgiving

The other morning, as I rolled over, I looked at the empty spot next to me, a spot that had probably been vacant for the last 3-4 hours. There was no longer any body warmth, just sheets that had been turned over as Chad got out of bed to go to work. I lie looking in that position just thinking, thinking of how much I appreciate Chad all the hard work and sacrifices that Chad makes for our family, sacrifices that I know I would struggle to make had those responsibilities been put on my shoulders. As I roll over to my other side, I am startled by these big brown smiley eyes behind a blue blankie that are nearly inches away from my face. Travis knows that he surprised me and immediately greets me and apologizes for scaring me. His little sweet voice asks if he can climb in bed with me and snuggle, and within minutes, we are laying side by side. Let's face it, no one wakes up in the morning looking their best, and I for one, get scared by the image that greets me every morning in the mirror. Pillow lines, crazy hair, dark circles and scrunchy eyes aren't exactly my definition of beauty. But, one of the first things Travis says to me after he asks how I slept, is "mommy, you're so beautiful." and at that instant, my heart melts and I am ready to face my day.

I am lucky to say that every morning, I wake up to the pitter patter of my little boys...either pitter patter that is running back into his room to make sure he doesn't get caught outside of his bedroom, or pitter patter into my room, to snuggle in bed with me. I also hear laughter, thumping, and squeals coming from Derek's room as he patiently awaits for us to come get him out of his crib. These sounds and moments bring so much joy to my heart and I am so grateful that I get to be a part of our boys everyday life, even the times that are difficult.

IMG_3179-copyIMG_3226-copyIMG_3248-copy

I am so thankful that God has blessed me with such a loving, thoughtful and selfless husband, and two beautiful boys who bring so much joy to our lives. Everyday isn't always perfect, but the fulfillment and love that we have for one another is what makes life perfect. Today, and every day, I celebrate all the blessings that God has given us, although they are too numerous to count, they are evident in our everyday life, starting with the laughter of our two beautiful boys.

IMG_3630-2IMG_8741-copy-2

No comments:

Post a Comment