Monday, July 19, 2010

7 Years

IMG_3725b

We met on an airplane. As he was taking his seat, he walked past me and gave me a smile. I remember what I was wearing…a black tank top and khaki shorts. I smelled like sunscreen and I looked like a Mexican raccoon with the worst sunburn ever. A sunburn that wouldn’t fade for 4 months. He was wearing a white t shirt, khaki cargo shorts and a baseball cap. There was a lot of commotion going on in the airplane since it was a connecting flight from Puerto Vallarta (Much easier to spell than pronounce…my boss had to phonetically spell it out since my Spanish is horrible….Pooh-wear-toe Va-Yar-ta) in Phoenix back to L.A. But I used that commotion in my favor to start the conversation and ask if he was returning from Puerto Vallarta too?!?  He wasn’t…he was in Phoenix for the weekend, visiting an old college friend. I quickly introduced Richard, my BROTHER ( I had to make that very clear since people kept on assuming that we were a couple…ew…no offense Rich) and for the next hour, our conversation flowed so smoothly and naturally. I was hooked. I did something I’ve never done before…write my name on my plane ticket and handed it to him. I’ve never initiated relationships with my number, but for some reason, confidence overwhelmed me. I walked off the airplane super GIDDY and so excited about the person I just met. I couldn’t sleep that night, but not because I was nervous, but super anxious because I knew that that was the beginning of many amazing conversations…..and a future together. And that was the beginning of many conversations since our initial visit in June 2001. Just two short years later, we walked down the aisle again….but this time to say “I do” in front of God, our family and our friends. Seven years later, we are a family of 4, with two beautiful boys, a wonderful family, new and old friends, and a very rich and blessed life. Not everyday is as magical as the day we me but I am so thrilled that I have an amazing husband to share the not so amazing days with. We are in this together, through the good, bad and ugly. Never thought I would meet my best friend and husband on an airplane, but God had the perfect romantic story created just for us….and I couldn’t have planned it any better. Happy 7th anniversary Chad! I feel so blessed to have such a beautiful family!

 IMG_3670b IMG_3693b IMG_3629BIMG_9684b

6 comments:

  1. Aww brought tears to my eyes :) I still remember talking to him about you when you first met, and were dating etc and when I first met you in Ft. Lauderdale! So glad to have such an awesome sisterinlaw as you!! Love that pic on the bottom of you too as well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll never forget when you two met, either! Love was definitely "in the air"! Congrats on seven years!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am super glad you both met for the reason that we all know how amazing it is to see you all as a couple and family grow stronger each year together but also for a selfish reason, it was because of your wedding that David and I went on our first date! So praise the Lord for His provision in both our lives ;-)Love you both and hope you had a great celebration!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So I teared up reading that. Love you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats! Congrats!!!! What a greeeeat story!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great story! It is wonderful to hear how some people come together!

    ReplyDelete